Many of us turn to online shopping as a convenient way to purchase goods and services. Here are a few tips that may reduce the likelihood that you will fall victim to online fraud:
- If you don’t have antivirus software on your mobile device, consider making those online purchases using a home computer.
- Only log into a secure site designated by “https” or a green lock icon in the address field
- Don’t use shared computers
- Pay for your purchases using a credit card or PayPal
- Make sure you have up-to-date antivirus software installed on whatever device you use
- If you use online wallets, make sure you use a unique and strong (uppercase, lowercase, numbers and special characters) passwords.